Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Field Trip Experience

After finally making it to Dallas World Aquarium, we only ended up skimming the surface of the place because of the limited time we spent there. I would love to go back and take more time to look at each animal. I think the most interesting part of the whole trip was tunnel of sharks. Just being able to watch these creature glide over your head and interact with other sharks was incredible. I stood gazing at them for the longest time. It was the best part of the trip for me. I learned that Aquarium also encompasses mammals and birds. I had no problem with it, but it was kind of like a zoo with more fish. I also learned that the Japanese Spider Crab is the largest arthropod in the world. I also learned that the Antillean manatees were brought to the aquarium by plane as babies. The Dallas World Aquarium was opened in 1992. I also learned that they have many endangered species including the Orinoco Crocodile at the aquarium.

No comments:

Post a Comment